Error messages during pymedphys installation

Hello, I have just installed pymedphys after installing anaconda python on Win10. Below is what I have seen in the anaconda powershell. I think these messages do not matter if I do not use daal4py for machine learning nor numba for compiling python scripts. Correct?
Thanks,
Kiyoshi

ERROR: pip’s dependency resolver does not currently take into account all the packages that are installed. This behaviour is the source of the following dependency conflicts.
daal4py 2021.5.0 requires daal==2021.4.0, which is not installed.
numba 0.55.1 requires numpy<1.22,>=1.18, but you have numpy 1.22.4 which is incompatible.

Hi @kiyoshi_yoda,

Welcome to the PyMedPhys community! :slight_smile:. I suspect that this actually isn’t even a PyMedPhys error. Potentially you already had those packages installed. I don’t believe either of those packages are used or requested to be installed by PyMedPhys.

Cheers :slight_smile:,
Simon

Dear Simon,
Thanks for your reply. I have located daal4py and numba packages under amaconda3/Lib/site-packages. It seems that the python’s pip installer checks the library versions for all the python packages and tries to replace incompatible versions with working versions at the end of the installation.
I will start using pymedphys.
Kiyoshi

1 Like

Glad to hear it’s sorted. Please let us know if you have any other issues :slight_smile:

Dear Simon,
I would like to know if there is a pymedphys code for converting TRF to DICOM RT for VMAT delivery.
Thanks,
Kiyoshi

For those following along, this is being answered over at the following locations: