Mosaiq SQL interface error, is there a way to bypass?

Hi Simon

I have just setup an Ubuntu on z820. When running the above version, I’ve encountered interface error related to Mosaiq SQL.

Is there a way to skip or bypass Mosaiqclsql ?

Thank you

Regards
LipTeck

Hi @LipTeck_Chew :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to the PyMedPhys Discourse group :tada: :balloon:. Thanks for putting your request over here :slight_smile:.

A few background items. What version of PyMedPhys are you running? What does your config file look like, what commands did you run, and can you copy the text of the exact error message (please avoid screenshots and try copy the text if you can, that way others can search Google for the error message and see the answers here).

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Simon

Thank you for a warm welcome :grin:

Background:
We have a Windows 7 PhysicsPC with pymedphys version 0.34.0-dev6 working ok. Since we have an extra hp z820 workstation, we want to make it the server for pymedphys.

I’ve installed Ubuntu Desktop LTS 20.04. I’ve created pymedphys directory in the user home directory and then installed virtual environment for pymedphys with pip. I’ve also installed ImageMagick successfully at the user home directory from the tar.gz file.

The pymedphys gui demo was running ok. So I’ve copied the toml file and csv files from PhysicsPC to the hidden directory .pymedphys inside the home directory. The gui was able to launch with the updated the toml file with new mapping for TRF and FocalData.

However it prompt for the access to Mosaiqclsql. I’ve used the same user for Mosaiqclsql at the PhysicsPC but encountered problem. Just wonder whether it is problem for using the same account from two different IP address to access Mosaiqclsql.

Anyway, we have “live TRF” and doesn’t need to acccess Mosaiqclsql. Hope there’s a way to bypass or disabled the access to Mosaiqclsql altogether. I’ll send the error message in text format in the follow up email.

Thank you.

regards
LipTeck

Hi @LipTeck_Chew,

Have you tried removing all references to Mosaiq within your config file?

Also could you try installing pymedphys[user]==0.36.0dev2 it has a built in no-mosaiq file upload only mode. It is selectable from the side bar, and if you have no config file that is what is used as default.

That file-upload option can be seen at Streamlit

Also, unfortunately, I likely won’t be making any further responses on here until ~3rd March. Maybe someone else might be in the position to troubleshoot with you? Hopefully you can get to the bottom of your issue.

If you do come up with a solution make sure to post it here so that others can benefit from your work.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Simon

Thank you for this good suggestion. I have commented out with “#” Mosaiq related items in the config.toml and it’s working ok now.

regards
LipTeck

Hi Simon

I have updated it to pymedphys 0.36.0-dev2 and it is working ok.

Although I have the ImageMagick version 7.0.11-0 installed and make check all passed but streamlit is unable to detect the ImageMagick.

Just one more step to convert the png to pdf

Thank you.

Regards
LipTeck

Hi Simon

Just wondering whether it is possible to convert the png to PDF without the ImageMagick software?

regards
LipTeck

Hi @LipTeck_Chew,

To keep the questions easily searchable and readable by others on the future could we make new topics for unrelated conversation?

Maybe a question on this forum along the lines of “pdf conversion without image magick”.

Also, I’m still on leave :slight_smile:, I just popped into phone reception and I could resist having a peak.